We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

5.19.2013

Week 1 Essay

I know I have not given this blog the attention it deserves and I hope I can make that up someday, maybe. Right now I am in school, English 106, to be exact. We are given topics each week and are required to write an essay based on that chosen topic. My Pathway teacher told us how lucky we are to be able to share these wonderful stories with our family and children some day. Just in case these ever get lost, I'd like to share them here.

In week 1 we were given the instructions to write a love letter to someTHING. I chose something near and dear to my heart. I hope you like it.


My Dearest Comfy Pants,
I think about you all the time. I can’t wait to see you after a long day in tight and uncomfortable attire. I ache to exit the tight and restricting jeans of the sunlight hours. I long to be with you both day and night, but know that it just can’t be. The world will not accept our love in public, unless we are at Walmart. But who wants a life like that? I long to be with you, to be a part of you and you be a part of me. When we come together we are one and it is magnificent.
Your soft feel and satin strings are all that I ever need. Our love is 100%, just like your polyester. I can wash you in cold water and tumble you dry. You may have been made in Cambodia, but you belong with me. I knew it the first time we met at JC Penney that cold winter day when I saw you from across the room and you immediately caught my eye. My heart skipped a beat as I rushed toward you. I was drawn to your bright color and seamless material. Sure, you may be a larger size than any of my other pants, but that’s what makes you special. When we are together that is what I really need, extra room to feel comfy. You soothe me with your delicate touch and provide me comfort and flexibility that I yearn for at the end of the day. It is almost as though you were tailor-made just for me. It was even more perfect when your tag said that enchanting word, “clearance”. I know this was meant to be.
When I am with you I feel calm and cozy, yet glamorous and wondrous at the same time. I feel as though I can truly be myself when we are together. There is no place I would rather be than with you. I may leave from time to time, but I always come back to you at the end of the day because that is where I belong. Your comfort brings me comfort. I wish we could last this way forever.

Longingly yours,
Tiffany

I received 104% (we get extra credit for utilizing the writing center at BYU)

0 comments: