Ok, I can't say that it is completely done, but pretty darn close.
I was getting real tired of having a yucky front yard area. Our pond was always having problems and it was a total kid-magnet. I never really liked anything about this front bed. So last Friday we decided to do something about it.
first, we pulled out the gross pond
this is the demolition phase. Oscar had to be restrained because he couldn't sit still
here it is with the pond gone. we only one other obstacle......
this stinkin' tree was harder than we thought it was going to be. Ryan dug it out for about 4 hours and then our neighbor brought over his chainsaw and helped us get the rest of it out.
these roots did not want to give in, but we finally got it.
big hole
now we had to even out the ground
and where do you put extra dirt???
NOT HERE LIVY!!!!! that is dirt, I promise!
Oscar loved to dig
Ryan was working so hard to get it done. He would work on it from when he got home from work until it got too dark to work. what a trooper.
this is what I woke up to today, Ryan's dads truck about 3 feet away from the house.
Ryan put road mix on the bottom and now he is getting ready to put down the sand
now the weed barrier and the edging.
and now another truckload of sand to go on top
It may not look like I took any part in this project, BUT this was my job (besides making sure the kids didn't run off from the house) I moved all these pavers from here.......
to here. We bought over 200 of them.
See, I worked too!
Just getting started to lay down the pavers. It's going well.
I had to take a picture of this. The pavers were a perfect match from one end to the next. We didn't plan it completely, it just worked out perfectly.
Livy loved being outside with us.
Ryan's mom and dad came over part way through to help finish off the job.
almost......
DONE!!!!!!!!
Ryan worked so hard to get this done , especially today and he did such an amazing job. It looks so much better than I had imagined it would look. I can't wait to get a bench so we can sit out here and watch the kids ride their bikes. There are about 5 phases to this project that include the other side of the sidewalk, a pathway to the fence, a new tree and I'm sure we'll find more along the way. For now I am happy with this. Does anyone have a bench they want to donate????
Love it!!!!!!







9 comments:
That looks awesome! Very nice job you guys!
Awesome! Way to go. :)
What a huge project!! It turned out amazing! Great job!
That looks so great. Your hard work paid off.
WOW! I love it! That will be nice to be able to sit out front and watch the kids play. I will keep my ears open to see if anyone has anything to donate to your already beautiful front area. Tell Ryan good job from me. I'm sure he burned major calories digging and digging and all that other stuff. Can't wait to see you guys soon.
Love you!
And he said he was a city planner. Well way to go ryan we are impressed. Loved helping you!
Nice job! We could use that hard work and determination on our back yard, wink wink:)
Holy mother of a project! :) I am tired ust reading what ya'll had to do! Looks awesome!
(At first when I saw the perfectly squared off area I thought, are they putting a garden in their front yard?)
Phase one complete and AWESOME! Tiffany moving all 200 pavers was probably the hardest of all, I was thinking it was just enough to go around the perimeter but I then read 200 and chocked. I do comment Ryan for ripping the roots with his bare hands, you see, even Heeman needs help from his neighbors. :)
I thought the pond picture, ripped out, with the trashcan picture was hilarious. Did they seriously use a trashcan to hold the pump?
I wish I would have been throwing something away at the dump then I would have stopped by to use your latrine. I would have helped ya out! That calls for another smiley face. :)
I sure wish I could donate a bench, or some cute chairs. Sorry.
Post a Comment