Oscar had his surgery this morning. They took out his adenoids. The doctor came back and told me they were humungous. I am so glad we did it, I can't wait to see the difference. Of course, I documented the morning for you all.....
Here is Osc before surgery. He has no idea what's coming.
He is never this still and snuggly without medication so we had to take advantage of holding him.
Daddy got to relax with him for a bit,

but then mommy needed a turn.
It took him a while to wake up. He wasn't too happy with us about everything. He got mad at us because we kept asking him if he wanted a drink and he absolutely did NOT want one. He didn't even want a popsicle, that's how you know they really don't feel well.
He did not like is IV either
He was still so sleepy on the way home.
He didn't even care about the cool bandage. I liked it.
Poor kid, he is just so tired!
This is where they both ended up.
He is currently in my bed right now resting. Let's hope he can wake up a little bit happier next time. I think we might have a "take-it-easy" day. That is, after I drive Ali & Charlie half way to Twin Falls at noon today. They get to spend a few days with g & g johnson. This trip was planned before the surgery, but it's nice that Ryan will be home with Oscar and they can have some one-on-one time. Livy gets to spend some time with aunt michelle today, thanks!
We'll let you know how he is doing. They said he should be back to normal within a day or two.







3 comments:
Glad it went so well. Charish these quiet moments because it won't take long before your the mean mom for making him lay on the couch and watch movies. LOL Have a safe trip. :)
Get well soon Oscar!!
What a trooper! Hopefully he is back to his crazy self in no time!! Grouchy, sad, not feeling good, kids are so hard! Good luck you guys. :)
Post a Comment