We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

5.10.2010

Best Mother's Day ever!

My mother's day started on Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
The kids were all awake and I was tired. Ryan gave me a handmade card. It looked like this on the front:
and this on the inside:
Inside was $100 and instructions that I had until noon to go shopping for myself and if I didn't spend all the money I would have to give whatever was left to Ali & Charlie. What a great husband I have. It really is one of the best gifts. So where did I go? Ummm, Walmart and Ross. I only got a couple of necessities at Walmart that I have been putting off and I got the majority at Ross. Ross is one of my favorite places to go, but I rarely do because you can't go there with kids and expect to get a whole lot done. This is one of the outfits I got yesterday.
I got lots of compliments and I felt like a Queen. Thanks babe for making my day great!

This is what I woke up to on Saturday. It says "happy mothers day eve". Ali is so thoughtful and creative. the next morning she just took down the "eve". So sweet!

And this was my mother's day. Ali really went to town this year in the craft department. When I would see how much tape and other craft supplies she was using I told her she should maybe chill a little. This was her response, "but Mother's day is just to special to not make crafts." Well, I can't argue with that, too cute!
Charlie painted me a wooden wheelbarrow in preschool and Ali made me a wind chime in school. She also made me about 18 other crafty things including my new glasses, which she asked me to wear to church. I nicely declined.

I had a wonderful Mother's day, how about you?

10 comments:

Travis and Allie said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great Mother's Day.

Undaunted said...

Love the glasses! Too fun!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful time!!! :) I'm so glad you got some time to do your "Mommy Upkeep!" :) And your kiddos are too cute!!! I love all the decorations! :) You guys rock. :)

Debbie Murdock said...

Ya looks great!!! Very cute outfit...and what a great day!

AJ said...

Glad you had a great mother's day.

Retired and Happy said...

You are so blessed. I think Ryan's card hit it you are a wonder women! So Ali's glasses capped it. I don't know how you do all that you do, but keep it up, we love ya. Go Woman!!!

Chops

Laura said...

How awesome. Cute outfit. I really think the glasses "made" the outfit, you really should have considered wearing them. Oh, well next year.

valerie said...

aw, such the perfect gift!!! Can he give justin a lesson on how to treat wife's on mother's day?? Seriously. :)
Love love love that dress!!! Ross is the b.e.s.t. place! Mucho agreed about not going with the childrens....
Cuteness all around. a+++ for the effort of your fam to make it a fab day!

Lindsey said...

That dress is really cute. Looks like you had a great day. And no worries about Megan's party. I figured that's what happened.

Heather said...

That is a good gift! Those glasses - if you can't wear them to church can you wear them to the reunion :0)