WARNING!!!!!!
Pregnancy talk ahead. Enter if you dare!!!!

I was having contractions all day on Sunday. They were irregular at first but by the evening I was having them every 5 minutes. After an hour of that we decided to go into the hospital. My wonderful sister-in-law, Sandra, raced like mad to come over to the house. We got there at 11:30 p.m. She checked me and I was dilated to a 2 1/2. We walked for a half hour and I was at a 3. We walked for an hour with contractions every 2 minutes and I was at a 3 1/2, maybe a 4 she said. The doctor said since I was so early and not progressing fast enough he wanted me to go home and come see him at 9 the next morning. So they sent us home at 3:30 in the morning. It was annoying!!!! Especially when I was still having contractions every 2 minutes.
When he checked me the next morning he said she was mistaken and I was only a true 3. He said he wanted me to try and keep the baby in for a few more days maybe a week if I could. He gave me a sleeping pill so I could go home and catch up on the night of sleep I missed. I needed the pills because I was still contracting and couldn't sleep through them.
So we got sent home for the second time within a six hour period. It was really starting to wear on me. Sandra stayed at the house and took care of the kids so both Ryan and I could sleep. I didn't wake up until 5:00 p.m. I felt much better. Still discouraged, but rested.
I am feeling better and the contractions are not so intense anymore. I am still having them every hour but they are bearable. I just want our little girl to be here soon!
So now what????? We wait and wait and wait. I hate waiting!!!!!!







5 comments:
I hate waiting too. I think it is a little like having your kids teethe. They keep going up and down and all you want is for them to break through so everyone is less miserable. I hope Ryan gave you a blessing to help with the stress. Praying everything goes safe and healthy. Love ya, Stacie
Oh man! Hang in there. You are amazing!!!
How cruel!!! Try to rest up as much as you can. Isn't just fun how EVERY pregnancy and labor is just a little different...God does that to keep us guessing and in suspense.
Agh, that would be SO frustrating!!! I'm so sorry you're going through this... :( FWIW, the doc could've been wrong about Sandra's reading being wrong, too - mama's bodies have been known to (not uncommonly) start closing back up when a doc/nurse/someone/environment isn't 100% friendly... it's a basic physiological reaction. At least he sent you back home, though, instead of just dialing up a pit drip - if Baby's not actually quite ready, that could be problematic.
If you're interested, here's something traditional and harmless that seems to be helping another birthy-minded person I know of, who's having the same issues (so I figure it might be worth suggesting... feel free to virtually smack me and tell me to shut up if you want, LOL) : Sometimes the on-again-off-again labor is b/c Baby's tipping off the cervix (the muscles can be just tired and a little too stretched to keep Baby constantly pressing down). If you can tie a sling or wrap around your tummy to support it, it can give your tummy muscles the little bit of extra support they need to keep Baby where she needs to be to keep coming, if she's really ready & trying. Just FWIW. But please, feel free to discard this with all the other unsolicited advice you've gotten over the years, if you want, LOL...
I sure hope Baby (& your body) decide to work together and just be DONE soon, for you!!! :) AND that you're able to get some good rest!
Don't worry it will all be over soon. Hang in there. If you want to put the kids on an airplane...I'll watch em.
Post a Comment