Why???
Because I was married to this amazing man 4 years ago today.

This was our very first picture together. It was taken on April 22, 2000 at my Senior Prom. Ryan was a perfect date, we had so much fun together.

Fast forward almost 7 years and we get back to this date:


Jump another year and a half (October 25, 2008) and we get here:
The day we were sealed in the temple. What an amazing day that was. I was 7 months pregnant with Liv.
And then here:
This picture was taken just a couple of weeks ago in Twin Falls. I was 34 weeks pregnant with our newest little girl. What an amazing journey we have had. We started a tradition when we were first married where we share a journal and we write back and forth about our family and our life. Last year we started writing in the "red book" a letter to each other on our anniversary. We write the things we love about them, one for each year of marriage. I was out last night with my friends celebrating my birthday (it's on the 23rd, but we wanted to do it early in case I had the baby early) and on my way home I received this text:
"I love you my darling! Everyone is in bed. I hope your friends are making you feel as truly special as you are."
What an amazing man I am married to. After dinner I went couponing and didn't get home until late. I found the red book on my side of the bed with the most beautiful words written inside. I asked Ryan if I could share what he wrote. Here is just a bit of what he said.
"Happy Anniversary, my darling! I really cannot begin to comprehend how blessed my life has been having you in it these last 4 years. It seems almost as if I am living in a constant dream. You are so wonderful, my love. Now for the 4 things I love about you!
1) I love how you do so much for me and the children and seek no credit or recognition for what you've done. It is almost as if you didn't even know you were serving us. You just do it. I can feel how much you love me when you do these things.
2) I love how excited you are when you get a great deal. I love that you blog about it and take pictures. I love that even the next day you are still talking about it. I love that you get so excited about it, you even go do it for other people. Seeing you so happy is one of my favorite things.
3) I love how incredibly beautiful you are when you're pregnant. You simply radiate beauty. You truly seem to love and cherish the connection you have with our baby, even when she is kicking you like crazy. I love how much you love her already.
4) I love that I cannot imagine my life without you. It just takes my breath away to even ponder what life would be like without you in it. You are my life. You are the reason I get up and do what I do. You are why I go to work each day. You are why I always try my very best.
I absolutely love and adore you Tiff! Happy Anniversary
I have the most AMAZING husband in the world. Have you noticed I have used that word a lot. He really is just that. I haven't written my response to him just yet in the red book, but I jotted down my 4 things that I love about him.
1) I love that you would do anything for your family. Whether it be making me whatever I happen to be craving at 11:00 at night while you are on a diet or walking all the way back into the house from your car because the kids wanted one more hug before you left for work. I know you would do anything for us and I love that all those silly things make you smile.
2) I love the way you look at me. I can feel you smiling at me sometimes. I can feel the love you have for me in the way you watch me take care of the kids. I especially love your crooked smile, it is adorable and makes me happy.
3) I love your love and devotion to the gospel. Just like your family, I know you would do anything for the gospel. I love that you stand up for it and want us to do everything we are supposed to do even if we don't all want to get up at 7:30 for scripture study in the morning.
4) I love your positive attitude and constant desire to see the good in all things and people. You are one of the most positive people I know. You can turn a bad situation into a positive experience. It is always such a joyous occasion when you walk in the door. You bring so much energy and love with you to our crazy day.
I am so incredibly lucky to have this AMAZING man be a part of my life everyday. I can't believe we are going to be a family of 7 soon. I couldn't imagine a better person to share it with.
I love you Ry, Happy Anniversary!!!!
On a completely unrelated topic, this little boy did an amazing thing today.
He pooped in the potty. What a great day it has been!







5 comments:
That's so touching...excuse me while I wipe away the tears from my face and I'm not being sarcastic for once. You guys rock! I remember the day that you guys got married and was so thankful that I could share it with you guys!!
That is such a wonderful tradition. I think I am going to suggest it to Marc. Our anniversary is on the 12th of this months. What a wonderful thing to help you remember the special things about each other. I absolutely LOVE IT! Congrats of 4 years. The time sure does fly. :)
Tell Ryan he is making the rest of us look bad. LOLOLOLOLOLOL ...... ;0P
I love you both. Happy anniversery. Here is to wishing you many more
Love
Marc
Okay Oscar at the end cracked me up!
I think Mike would let me say more Lovey-Dovey things to him if I ended with a poop story. Awesome!
you two are too stinking cute! and what a great idea! love it.
Post a Comment