We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.25.2010

Our First Family Mile!

Tonight we ran our first family race all together. It is called the Main Street Mile. We had so much fun and the kids did such a great job. I think we will definetly make this a family tradition. It is only 1 mile so it wasn't too much for the kids to handle (or me!).

We took some pictures at home before we left. Just havin' fun!


The race is downtown on Main Street. It goes around the block. One time around is a half mile so we had to go twice. The great thing about this race is that there are so many races to watch. The first race is a mascot race. The cow won.
Grandma and Papa Head came to help out with the little ones.
Next, they have a kids half-miler where the kids chase an ice cream truck. We all agreed that it would have been more fun if the ice cream truck wasn't a semi!!!!! Then all the kids get ice cream.
Here we are getting ready for our turn, we're next!
This was on our first lap
Ali and Charlie did so awesome! About half way through Charlie tripped and hurt his hands. He only cried for a second and even kept running while he was crying. He stopped when he realized Dad quit paying attention and he could run in front of him. They were having a "who can stay in front" race of their own. Ali only complained a little at the very end until she realized how close we were and then quit. All of us ran the whole mile without stopping. Hooray, that was our goal.

This was us on our last loop. You can see the exhaustion.
Oscar joined us
Here we are after. A little tired, but still happy.
They have this fun thing. Charlie is the winner here.
Ali is the winner here. I am so proud of both of the kids, they did so much better than I thought they were going to do. Last year Ryan and Charlie did this race and Ryan had to carry Charlie on his shoulders half way through. What a big improvement.
I didn't take pictures of the other races, but after ours everything was a timed, beat everyone kind of race. They had a kid one, a high school aged one, 20-40 years old, 40+, and then they had a fireman race where they race with 40 pounds of gear. You should all go do it next year, it was so much fun. Plus we came home with chocolate milk and PowerBars.

Oscar has been so obsessed with fire trucks lately that grandma thought it would be fun to take his picture. H looked at the pictures a hundred before we even got home and talked about them the whole way home.
So I created this cute alteration and I am going to print it in an 8x10 and put it up in his room for him. What a cute, happy kid!
We had such a fun night together. Thanks grandma and papa for coming and spending the evening with us.

2 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

I would just do the race just so I could run in the middle of main street...how cool would that be. Love the altered fire truck pic...SWEET!

Laura said...

Good job guys. I bet Oscar could have lapped you all! Just kidding, but I do hear a lot about all of his energy.

The firetruck pick is awesome. Good job Tiff.