We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

9.22.2010

Harvest Classic FUN run!!!!!

last saturday the kids and I did a one mile race together. It was called the Harvest Classic and it was held in Nampa. We had such a great time. Grandma & Papa Head came to support and cheer us on. Ryan was suppose to come, but he ended up really sick the day before so he stayed home with the babies.
so bright!!!! it was such a nice day for a race.

The kids did such a great job! It started at the Nampa Rec Center and went around a park and right back where we started. Ali was having a hard time not stopping, but with encouragement she kept going. Ryan is really the runner of the family so I kept telling her "do it for daddy, he is so proud of you" and before we knew it we had finished. We never stopped once. Well, Charlie did. He is my super-star and would run ahead of us until I yelled for him to slow down and he would just stop to wait for us. He is a rock star.
(the guy in the picture above looks like he is going to pass out)
Here we are crossing the finish line. Hooray!!!!!! I totally take after my mother and started crying at the end because I was so proud of them accomplishing it.
they were not in the mood for a picture after the race.

That is until they saw this guys. they both insisted on getting their picture with the red robin mascot
they had a bounce house for after the race. i think they went in it about 4 different times with a total of them jumping about an hour.
what fun!!!!
Ali got to try out the mini golf to win a prize......apparently golf is not her forte, no prize.
Charlie acts like she is attacking him
what else would miss ali have chosen? of course a heart!!!!

Charlie chose to get the acorn because that was the fun run's mascot. Later some of the race officials thought it was so adorable that they had his picture taken by the race photographer.
I told Charlie he looks like he is in pain in this picture. He just laughed and said, "well, I'm not".
Thank you grandma & papa for spending your morning with us. It was a great experience for all of us. What a great memory!

1 comments:

Laura said...

How fun! Good thing the bounce house wasn't available before the race. It really is a cute acorn. Go Runners!