We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.17.2008

What did you say?????

So about 8 seconds ago I was sitting with my kids looking at other people's blogs and I hear my son say, "what the heck." Ok, but he really said the bad word. It is a sad day when your 3 year old swears at you. I immediately responded quickly with, "who taught you that?" We do not swear in our house. He replied with, "it's just me mom, I said it." I asked him if he heard anyone else say it. Ali responded with, "no mom, I have been following him around, nobody has said that." Why is she following him around? Anyway, kinda funny, kinda sad. We talked about how important it was that he never say that again, we'll see what happens.

8 comments:

MKB said...

What the...that is crazy...just for the record I didn't teach him that. It was funny to read it but it was very sad at the same time

Debbie Murdock said...

Kids are so impressionable. My nephew did the same thing but at least he asked his mom what it meant first so it wasn't as dramatic. I can't even get away with saying crumb in our house because Maryn will tell me I'm saying bad words. She told me yesterday good people don't say bad words. It's also amazing what they pick up from television.

valerie said...

Oh honey, that has happened one too many time at our house! Its a bit more embarassing when they swear in front of your parents....
good luck with that one.....

Waters said...

I guess his adventurous side is coming out, one minute hes doing back flips in the swimming pool the second minute hes swearing like a drunken fool. :)
oh my goodness, that brings me back to my "swearing days," I had the worst mouth in 6th grade, dropping anything and everything...oh ya I thought I was cool. (Sara Dorman, Lindsay Tencich, Sam Booth, Jake Grothouse...just to name a few of the swearing possy)

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I've noticed how much questionable stuff is in TV and movies (e.g., SHREK...) - things we weren't bothered by before, you know? Kiddo's started repeating the last 3-5 syllables he hears, which is cute; thankfully, he hasn't registered the things we've hoped he didn't hear (on TV) yet... but he does get occasional "not-so-"swears from me, which is amusing and embarrassing at the same time!

But rest assured you're in plenty of company... and it wasn't even you he was imitating, so hey, kudos on that point! :-)

Jen Gillespie said...

oh that does not sound like fun. How sad that our little angels can't stay perfect forever. Oh well, I guess that's what we parents are for. Good luck.

Wendy said...

HI, I didn't know you had a blog too. How fun to find you. I was just watching the swim video - that flip was awesome.

Heather said...

well, keep us posted! I hope he doesn't decide to share his new word in public :0) Good luck!