We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.02.2008

A stitch in time . . . well 2 stitches actually

On Saturday Ali & Charlie went swimming and Ali was getting out of the pool on the side, her hand slipped but her face broke her fall. She got a big cut on the bottom of her chin. It was a little unsure, but she ended up getting taken to the ER where she received 2 stitches. She is actually pretty proud of them. It wasn't very good timing though, she is in the middle of swim lessons and we were told no water for a week. Oh, well, she seems to be happy still. She has been milking this whole thing though, asking for special treatment like sleeping on the couch instead of her bed and having special treat to make her feel better. Good for her for figuring out this taking advantage of the situation thing.Do you like the bandaid imprint?


This was taken right after coming home from the hospital.



Barbie to the rescue! What more does a girl need than a Barbie bandaid.
Still smiling, it must be the meds we've been giving her.


9 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Kids do have impeccable timing! I hear ya regarding those cartoon type bandaids. Even if blood is not coming out they always fix everything. I guess kissing the owies away are in the past.

Melissa said...

ouch! Now she and Mallory can be scar buddies once the stitches come out. Chin cuts are the worst. Even tiny ones bleed like heck and usually need stitches.

Anonymous said...

Poor girl, she looks like she is taking it well. At least she was injured after her recital. Where did she take her dance classes at? I'm looking into putting Tatem into dance classes. The kids are getting ready for their swimming lessons, where do you have yours at?
Also...I tagged you guys, checkout my blog.

Heather said...

ouch! She is braver then me- the one time in life that I should have gotten stitches I refused and opted for a butterfly bandage instead!

Unknown said...

Ooh, that wouldn't be fun; hope it heals nice & quick! But like you said, she's sure figured out how a positive spin on it, LOL!!! :-)

Waters said...

yikes girl, atleast Ali didnt get it the DAY BEFORE HER WEDDING, like me. Jared called me early morning on the 6th of June and I ran to the phone and biffed it on the wood floor then ate my chin on my mom's cedar chest she used to have in the foyer, a huge chunk of skin split open and you could see the bone, we have the memories stuck with us in our wedding pictures (oh glorious day for our anniversary this Saturday).
Ali's chin was going to get eaten sooner or later, your kids are the cutest little hooligans EVER!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...What's your saying, "No blood, no Bandaid?" Looks like she definitely earned herself a Bandaid. Poor Ali. Tell her I love her.

Aunt Toni

The Stones said...

poor ali-
ash

valerie said...

Ouch, she still has a smile to give though, so she looks like she will be just fine! But I can imagine how stressing and scary that had to have been, for both of you actually!