We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

12.19.2008

What a day!!!!

We are finally home!!!! We had to stay for 48 hours because I was strepB+ and little missy came so fast (not that I'm complaining) that I was only given one dose of medicine before she was born. They recommend having 2 and since I didn't get it they wanted to monitor her for 48 hours. She checked out perfectly today with everything.
Thank you Tracy for giving everyone the info. I was dying at the hospital knowing that I couldn't blog....can you imagine! Here's the rest of the scoop:

I called Ryan at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday telling him that I woke up to bleeding and cramping and the lack of feeling our little baby moving. He raced home going 80 down Eagle...crazy driver. We asked our wonderful friends Cathy & John Taylor to watch the kids while we went and got checked out at L&D. I honestly didn't think it was anything and thought they would send me right home. At 9:30 I was at a 4 and they sent me walking the halls of the hospital. At 10:45 I was a 5 1/2 and feeling the contractions. They set me up with the IV and started my blood work and my antibiotics for the strepB+ thing and I was on my way. At noon Dr. Lowder came and broke my water and checked me, I was still a 5 1/2. Right after that I got my epidural. I have had SO many problems in the past with my epidural wearing off. Needless to say I was a little nervous. The anesthesiologist was awesome and stayed extra time to make sure everything worked. It did! But just like my other kids after about an hour or so it started to wear off. We called him back and within 10 minutes he was back with a mother-load of meds for me. In the meantime I had gone to a 7. At 1:30 Dr. Lowder came back in and I was a 9. Everything was so nice and calm and I couldn't feel a thing, it was GREAT! I was so numb that my mom and Ryan had to hold my legs for me cause I couldn't move anything. I pushed 3 times and I even delivered her myself. It was so weird. Dr. Lowder told me to put my hands down there, I felt under her arms and he told me to pull her out the rest of the way. He did inform me that even though I delivered my own baby that he still paid. Greedy little Doctor!
Some of the PROUDEST grandparents! She has this funny fascination with her tongue and is always sticking it in and out .

Olivia Grace was born at 1:43 p.m. and she was beautiful. It was such an amazing experience. This was by far the hardest pregnancy for me, but by far the easiest delivery. Ryan was such an amazing coach again. He is so wonderful and encouraging. It was such a perfect day, I got to have my love Ryan with me, my mom (who barely made it because she was working, but begged them to let her off) and Ryan's mom there to share in this blessed event. Oh and Ryan's dad was out in the hallway. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.
Later that night Ali, Charlie & Oscar came to visit. They all love their new little sister. I know I am going to have such wonderful little helpers. Now all I need to do is keep her alive because they sometimes love her too much.

13 comments:

Waters said...

I am in love with Olivia already. Tiffany! You are amazing and you LOOK amazing!!! Girl, when I have my 4th I pray that I look as well as you.
So wonderful that you had Ryan (of course), your mom and mother-in-law with you during delivery. and Im happy that your father-in-law was outside. A gal in my ward has a sister who's father-in-law goes to the delivery's of his daughter & daughter-in-laws! Uhhhhhhh, a little strange for me. Not only that, but he holds one of the legs during pushing. Yikes. I dont EVER want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, welcome little Olivia. Valerie loves your tongue, she thinks its funny you like to stick it out.

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh Tiff, she is beautiful! What a wonderful day. I'm glad the epidural worked. Aren't they heavenly when they do what they are supposed to? And I love the tongue...that is soooooooo adorable! Hope you are getting lots of help Tiff, and not from your little 3.

Laura said...

I can't wait to hold her! I wish is was sooner rather than later. I love her already and hope she is sleeping and eating well for you. Love you guys!

Heather said...

Congrats guys! This post is like deja vous from a year ago! ha ha. Are we planning on stopping for a while now?? Olivia is adorable- what a beautiful baby. Beautiful parents too :0) Glad all went well- sounds like your epidural worked as well as mine- I kicked my nurse in the face with my foot! (I was trying to "help" by attempting to move my legs for them) Have fun with her and good luck keeping up with 4 kids! Excited to see more pictures.

Dawna said...

She's precious! Congratulations!!

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

She is so darling!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! She is such a cutie!

valerie said...

I so glad things went so well for you! She is beauitful! You look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish you the best of luck, my first two weeks were more like a blur to me, so I hope you have a better time!!! :) I still can't believe you have 4 kids now!!!!!!! Insain you are, but you are wonder woman so I know you are going to be great! I hope Ryan stay home for a while to help you! Best of luck, and congrats on such a beauty! :)
love you tiff

Beth said...

She is so adorable! I love that last picture of the three of you. It's so precious! Thanks for sharing your day with us, it's fun to hear the "good" birth stories!

Van Horn Family said...

Olivia is a very beautiful little girl. Congratulations on baby number 4. You are much braver then me.
Aaron would do the same thing with his tongue when he was born too.

Undaunted said...

So, so beautiful. I am always amazed at how Heavenly Father takes us from our darkest moments into the beautiful dawn. You have such a beautiful, loving family and it is wonderful to see your joy and peace. I love you. You little girl is a doll. I am so pleased that everything went so quick and that your group B wasn't an issue. Merry Christmas.

Emily and Reese said...

What a DOLL baby! Congratulations Tiff! Merry Christmas!

Debbie Murdock said...

Isn't that the most special experience to be able to deliver your own baby. I was able to do that with Maryn at St. Lukes and what an experience. I'm so glad that everything went okay. Keep the pictures coming just love it!