We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

8.19.2009

A Child's Scream

It was every mother's worst nightmare; a crying child on the toilet!!!!!! Not just regular cry, but a "someone just popped my eye out" kind of scream. Don't worry, no one really popped his eye out, but he had his hand covering his face which made me wonder. He was still sitting on the toilet screaming and he wouldn't tell me what happened. We were finally able to get him off and calmed down a little bit. He still had his hand covering his face when I made him stop screaming to tell me what happened. "I poked my eye out," he told me. What, how do you do that???? He told me he couldn't open his eye. I got him to pull his hand away from his eye and really, he couldn't open his eye. I don't know what he was doing but he managed to turn his lashes and the top of his eyelid inside his eye. He wouldn't let me touch him so I told him what he needed to do to get it out. He did and out popped his eyelid. He opened his eye with ease, looked over at me and said, "wow that feels better." I bet!!!!! Charlie, thank you for making motherhood so exciting and interesting. There is never a dull moment with you!!!!

Oh, and he also told me he wants to be a tiger when he grows up.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word!!! What *do* you do to make your eyelid come back out? Glad you knew what to do - poor Charlie must've been in SO much pain!!!

casa chandler said...

just reading that made my eyes water like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Have you been able to figure out what he was doing and how it happened?

The Crazy Heads said...

He was being Charlie. What else are you going to do when you are sitting on the pot . . . . oh I don't know flip my eyelid inside out but the wrong direction. Who knows!!!!

Debbie Murdock said...

He must've been working hard at that one! LOL That's not a easy task either. Thank goodness you're eye didn't pop out Charlie!

Lindsey said...

Ouch,Ouch,Ouch! I'm glad he is okay. LOL.

Waters said...

what in the world? I probably would have gone in and screamed just as Charlie was doing! Next time he thinks about doing that again just tell him I had a great uncle who had a glass eye and he used to pop it out and put it in his mouth. mmmmmmmmm yum.