We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

1.01.2011

1-1-11 what a special day for a baptism!!!!

January 1, 2011
Today marks the first day of the year, but it meant so much more than that for our family. Today, Ali was baptized. It was such an amazing experience. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that I have a child old enough to be baptized. As this day neared it was so fun to watch Ali's excitement and anticipation grow. She was giddy today knowing that today was the day she has been waiting for. The best part is that her excitement never died down until she hit the pillow. I am so proud of Ali for making this choice to be baptized. What a wonderful example my little Ali is to everyone in our family. She truly loves the Lord and this gospel. I wish I had half of her enthusiasm.Ali had well over 50 friends and family there to support her today. I cannot believe the cheering section that this little girl can bring in. It was so wonderful to have so many loving people in our lives. Thank you everyone for your love and support. Happy baptism day Ali!!!!!

grandma johnson made "8" shaped sugar cookies for our dessert tonight.
Here is my beautiful baptism girl with her new white dress from great grandma johnson and sweater from uncle chris and aunt erin. she also received lots of jewelry that are all so beautiful.

g & g Lines
g & g johnson
great grandma johnson
my picture of Ali with g & g Head didn't turn out so hopefully I can borrow the one from their camera.

Here is the only "good" picture I could get of all 4 kids.
Ali & Daddy
uncle toby & aunt sandra love miss ali!!!!!!
me and my babygirl!!!
this is in front of the baptismal font before we got her in her jumpsuit.
now we're lookin good!
she is soooooo grown up!!!!!!


This was our last shot of the evening. The kids were spent as you could tell. Oscar created a little bit of a ruckus during the program. He wanted his grandma who happened to be giving the talk. Right before the baptism took place and grandma Head was done from the stand he laid in her arms and konked out. He missed the whole baptism. Poor guy, he was upset.
we decided to take the kids to blizzards at Dairy Queen. They were so excited!!!!! Guess what!?! Dairy Queens closes early on New Years day. They already had ice cream on the brain so we did the next best thing that was close to us: McFlurry



The kids were actually having a lot of fun.
It was such a wonderful day today. We ended the evening with a peaceful family prayer, a fun game of Mario Brothers on the Wii and now the 2 big ones are having a sleepover in the living room together. How lucky am I?

3 comments:

Jeanae and Mike said...

Congratulations on your baptism, Ali! You have made such a wonderful decision! We wish we could have been there to share your special day.

Debbie Murdock said...

That is so cool 1-1-11!! Ali you are such a sweetheart...I can't believe how much you grown over the years. What a wonderful day. And random question for Tiff...the pic of the kids is that at your house? And if so...what color is on your wall? I love it...what is it???

valerie said...

It does feel very strange to have an 8 yr old doesn't it?!
Yay for baptisms! Looks like she had one heck of a birthday celebration/baptism!
Love your belly btw :) still freaks me out that you are on your
5th!!!!! ??? seriously. you are beautiful my friend, cute cute family!!