We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

1.26.2011

THREE!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else feel a little "birthdayed" out??? I sure do. With all my kids' birthdays back to back it gets a little tiring. I promise, the next birthday post with be either mine (April 23rd) or the actual BIRTH day of our baby. I am due May 5, but with all 4 previous pregnancies I have delivered either 3 weeks or 1 week early. That would put me at April 14th at the earliest. I am trying not to plan on it, just prepare for it in case it happens.

ANYWAY!!!!!!! on to Oscar-
First of all, we had a rough night of sleep because papa Lines is helping us build a closet in the boys' room right now and the boys can't actually sleep in there this week. Oscar was back and forth in the living room and our room throughout the night. He woke up around 4:30 wanting to take a shower. I finally got him back to sleep but at 7 when it was time for him to wake up he was out cold. We even sang happy birthday to him really loud to wake him up.....nothing. It wasn't until someone mentioned the word "presents" and his eyes popped open and jumped out of bed shouting "presents, presents, presents" while running into the kitchen. What a hilarious way to start the day.
He was ripping through all his presents.
He really really loves the movie "Despicable Me". he calls it his alien movie though because he thinks the little yellow guys look like aliens.
I made him this car carrier that you can slip in you cars and wrap it up and take places with you. We are excited to give it a try.
Here was the one he was WAY excited about. Our neighbor has one of these and all through last summer if their garage was open he would just march on in there and help himself. He would go over our lawn and their lawn a hundred times.
Charlie got him some pirate gear.
we always have donuts with candles in the morning.
most of these pictures were blurry because he wouldn't sit still long enough for a picture.
This is pretty much where Oscar parked it for the day. I have to control how many movies he watches or he would be there all day. Well, on his birthday I let him do just that.
We kinda starting making this a tradition. We take a picture in front of the birthday sign that grandma johnson made for us. Thank you, I still LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Oscar got lots of calls on his birthday too. The only problem is that whenever anyone would call and say or sing happy birthday he would respond with "it's not my birthday yet!" I am pretty sure he thinks his birthday will come this weekend when we have his party. My favorite line was with grandma johnson. "It's not my birthday yet, but do you want to call me on my birthday and tell me happy birthday?" Classic!
Oscar made it through 3 movies, but conked out on the 4th
Daddy took Oscar to get some special treats for the evening
After dinner at McDonalds we took him to Build-A-Bear. This was him jumping with excitment
he had fun filling his monkey with fluff


LOVE THIS!!! They do this whole routine and part of it includes picking out a heart for your animal, closing your eyes and making a wish. I wonder what he wished for.
Then he gave it a good cleaning.
and here we are. I couldn't get him to take it out of the box for a picture, but he chose a cute little monkey with jeans and a Boise State t-shirt.
what a big boy he is becoming.
We got our traditional birthday mug shot in only 2 takes. He throws me the paper and says, "I'm done"
Oscar REALLY wanted to watch a movie and eat popcorn for his birthday. Well, actually he wants to do that every day, but we decided to let him on his birthday.
I don't know why he is making this face, he might have been done with pictures for the day.
Here's how he really feels about popcorn
he picked out lots of treats for his big night.
then everyone sat in the living room with their popcorn and treats and watched "Despicable Me."
Oscar fell asleep very quickly especially with "Monkey" by his side.
Happy Birthday to my sweet Oscar. You are a BIG handful, but a fun one too! Life would definetly not be the same around here without you. Thank you Oscar for showing me how to relax and just have fun. Love you my big 3 year old!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Hauck said...

Build-A-Bear is probably one of THE coolest places to take kids! A bit pricey but totally worth it in the end! :) I remember when you brought the little guy to my wedding shower! Gosh how time flies by! :)

Cosmochick33 said...

Wow we may just have our babies on the same day! I am due April 23rd with a little boy! Congrats on your little addition :)