We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

1.08.2011

crazy eyes & a new bed

I don't know if any of you will remember this picture I once posted last year. It was taken in September of 2010. I was posting on Livy's new love of coloring. I commented on the fact that in this picture I caught the image of her what we so lovingly refer to as "crazy eyes".
Turns out her "crazy eyes" actually have a scientific name and is a condition. She has what is called Brown's Syndrome. Ryan took her to a pediatric opthamologist last week where they tested her and diagnosed her. Brown's Syndrome is stated: A rare eyes disorder characterized by inability to move the affected eye upwards due to an abnormality in the muscle that controls the eye movement. Basically, in her case at least, Livy's left eye won't allow her to look up and to the right. While her right eye has no problem you can tell from the picture above that her left eye just can't keep up. So, what do we do??? Nothing! The only way to fix it is to do surgery. She is not in pain and her condition doesn't seem to be affecting her negatively. The doctor said her condition is mild and she is so young that there is still a chance that she may outgrow it. We have another doctor appointment in 6 months to check on her progress. So for now, we wait and keep calling her crazy eyes.

On a lighter note, Livy is now in her big girl bed.
This is her just laying in her bed so she can have her pacifier. We are going to work on getting rid of that as soon as she adjusts to the new bed. She will just periodically go lay in her bed sucking on her pacifier. What a silly girl.
I love sleeping pictures.
The other day we did Livy and Ali's hair the same so Ali thought it would be fun to take a picture. What pretty girls!



1 comments:

Laura said...

cute girls! Keep us updated on Livy's eye. Hope she is good with the nick name crazy eye. I guess she could be called worse.