We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.16.2011

If it's not one thing, it's something else!!!!

This is Ali recovering from her injury. She fell off her scooter at about 5:30 today and told me she thought she broke her arm. Yeah right! I figured she was over-doing it. We had her rest and we waited a little while. We decided to go into Urgent Care to see what the damage was. Ali was so wrong.....she broke her wrist, not her arm!!!!

And being the good mother that I am I took a picture of the xray. (it was actually the technicians idea, but I wasn't going to say no.)
This is her left arm. See the line from her hand to her arm? See the bump? There shouldn't be a bump, that should be a straight line.

This was Ali after medicine, doing much better.
She should be getting a full cast next week or the week after that. Wish us all luck. Now I will be wiping 4 bottoms!!!!! (Oscar, Livy, Maggie, Ali) Just in case you were wondering.

And a reminder to all of you, this is not the first time Ali has broker her arm. She broke her right arm 2 summers ago. Apparently we are making a habit out of this. Oh, and she is left handed. Good thing school is out.

5 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

OH NO!!! When it rains it pours. Not fun at all. Get that arm feeling better Ali!

Undaunted said...

So sorry to hear that. Not fun. Hope she heals fast.

AJ said...

Hannah did the same thing...lefty who broke her left arm twice. Hoping it heals well and very quickly.

Laura said...

I can't believe you made her sit there...how insensitive. Ha ha ha Did she hem pants while she sat there?

Oh, I hope she's doing better soon. Broken bones are no fun, sign her cast for me.

George and Caralee said...

ALIIIII!!!!!!! You must stop this NOW!!! Our son Michael broke his arm the very same way...a week before Andrea's wedding. She was not thrilled what that would do to the pictures but it really has been a "memory" everytime we look at them!
Hope it heals quickly.
I am SOOO sorry for all of you!