We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.07.2011

Run Forrest, Run!!!!!!

Saturday was the Capitol Classic. The kids were way excited. This is Ali's 3rd year so it wasn't such a big deal for her, but this was Charlie's first time. We talked about what would happen ahead of time and knowing Charlie, Ryan had a good talk with him about how it isn't important if we are first or last and that if someone passes you, you don't cry. Charlie has a tendency to get upset when he is not winning. A few minutes after their great talk we look over to see him pouting because he just found out that the girl were running first and would be in front of him. Oh wow!!! I was hoping that we wouldn't have to even deal with any of those problems of people beating him because he is a really fast runner. A little over a year ago I ran in a 1 mile race with Ali & Charlie and I had Ali lagging and complaining behind me and Charlie running backwards in front of me (He was getting bored running normal he said). Anyway, I was just hoping he would have a great time and a memorable experience. Can you tell I am leading up to something here?

This was right when it was getting ready to start. Lots of parents lining the streets ready to cheer on their kid.
This was a cute picture of Oscar and I waiting for the race to begin.
Here comes Ali. She ran it in a little over 13 minutes. Way to go, Ali!!!!!!
This was our sign we made her. We wanted to kids to be able to find us easily amongst all the other screaming parents.
Here is Charlie's sign. Now we just wait for him to come.
still waiting..........and waiting.........and waiting.......Really???? Did we miss him? Maybe we did, the little helicopter car in the middle of the road is the tail-end so that no kids get left behind. Notice how many people are lining the streets. Not many!!!
Hey, I think I see him. Yep, that's him. Look at him beating all 5 of those boys.
This was his look when we asked him what he was doing just walking. "What, I was tired."
He saw the finish line and bolted, passing an additional 10 kids. Yep, he came in at 599th place out of 614. That's my boy!!!!!
What a silly kid!!!
Charlie was so excited when he saw these guys. A little random at a race, but ok.
Ahhh, finally some treats!!!!!
It definetly was a memorable experience for me. Can't wait to see what happens next year.

0 comments: