we started off the trip on a Wednesday and we drove to Twin Falls to stay with grandma and grandpa johnson. We also got to visit the falls.
the next morning we drove to Utah to go to LAGOON!!!! so fun, we make this our annual sumer trip. I grew up going here every summer and I want to do the same thing for our children. We were lucky enough to have uncle Toby and grandma and grandpa Head come with us. (maggie was there, she was just asleep in her carseat and we didn't want to wake her up).
This was Livy and oscar's favorite. It is a new one this year called Bombora. Uncle Toby taught Livy the real way to ride a roller coaster.
even grandma & papa joined in the fun and we convinced them both to go on WICKED. They might not admit it, but they loved it!!!!!! The coaster is in the background, it drops you straight down and really really fast. way to go gma & gpa.

After a fun day at Lagoon we jumped in the car and headed down to southern Utah, the whole reason why we took this trip.........................to visit GREAT grandma Willis (Ryan's mom's mom)
we went on a few hikes. this one was right in the heart of Bryce Canyon
This one was just for the big big kids. It is called Bull Valley Gorge. It is huge. That is Toby and Ryan's dad at the bottom. They are looking at the truck that is stuck at the top. About 60 years ago 3 guys were driving and missed the narrow bridge. Nobody survived and they couldn't get the truck out so they just built the bridge over the top of it. (more pictures to come later.)

Toby thought it would be fun the jump the canyon. Ryan & I are still down at the bottom. Only Toby.....
visited Mossy Cave - Toby chose to make things more interesting
not me, I was mostly there to enjoy the scenery and take pictures. and I prefer to stay dry.
this is a keeper!!!!!

Now, I know what you are thinking....... "wow, that is not her normal CRAZY amount of pictures." Well, you just wait. We took almost 1000 pictures during the trip. Things have been so crazy around here that I have had NO time to post. I just wanted to give you guys a taste of what we did. I plan on posting more about each individual day. I like to have it as our personal family journal. And I have a BIG surprise. We had some not so great luck on the way home that gave us a result I am really happy with.
More to come!!!!!!!!!







3 comments:
How fun :)
seriously 1000 pics?! How in the world do have time to take that many?! Perhaps I need a better camera and I would take more too! Glad to hear that between your lumps of not so fun times, there is still fun to be had around there with all those children! hehehe
and ever so sad for you that you have 3 in diapers.....I would have to sell my house to be able to afford all those diapers!! Yoiks woman!
Love Lagoon too! We prob wont go this year so I can live through you and your pictures!
You are looking good! Not bad for a lady who has had five kids. :) Looks like a wonderful vacation.
I remember playing in the water at mossy caves as a kid. Southern Utah is so beautiful. Glad you guys got to go.
Post a Comment