hola,
today was christmas in mexico
we thought it would be a fun activity for the kids to be involved in. not really the case. it was just too messy, but ryan and i had fun making it.
7 layers later, some pink crate paper, a jump rope and a stick and here you have it: our very own koosh ball.
before we did the pinata ryan told the kids that there were christmas presents for them in the garage under the pinata. he told them to go ahead and find theirs. when the kids got out there and looked at the presents they were very confused. the presents were labeled with spanish names; juan, pablo, tula, margarita, and chiquita. we told them that they would have to break open the pinata to find out which presents belongs to them.
all the kids got their turn. livy, you might do better if you opened your eyes.
oscar wanted help
charlie made me nervous
and ali impressed me
we are apparently really good at making pinatas because it took 2 rounds of all the kids to get through it.
inside the pinata was candy, of course, and also little slips of paper with a code on them to tell us who everyone was. the kids were excited to open their presents.
i forgot to do an after picture with the presents but mags got a weeble wobble toy, oscar got a lightening mcqueen car, livs got the cinderelli mice as bobble heads, ali got a card game called 7 ate 9 and charlie got some kind of lego thing (i'm not really sure, but i know he loved them and will probably want more so i might want to follow up on that for his birthday).
today was a busy day with livy's birthday and the girls' party, but i am so glad we took time to celebrate christmas mexican style.
hasta!











2 comments:
another winner :) I am loving living through your adventures, it makes me think I am actually doing them too! haha....ok not really but I can pretend I did them too!
Okay the pinata is so fun, but I'm super impressed with your food storage! What? That's wicked awesome! And I love that you hang pictures in your garage. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment