We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

10.13.2008

Halloween decor

Everyone else is being so helpful and sharing their crafty ideas that I can copy so I thought I would do the same. Last week we decided to break out the Halloween decorations. Last year I made about 50 of these ghosts. I used white material, a plastic sack for the head (balled up), yarn to tie the head together and to string up, and a black marker for the face. The kids loved decorating the tree with them. It doesn't look like that many but there really are alot out there, you just can't see them all in the picture.
Do you like my little monkey???

These were my favorite. We made these just the other day. I went to a website called first-school.ws. They have lots if you want to just go to the main website, go to Holidays, then Halloween. Here is the link that will take you directly to the ghost - http://www.first-school.ws/activities/crafts/holiday/ghost-mini-windsock-halloween.htm
I just used white and orange cardstock. The kids had so much fun cutting, glueing, and pinning them to their ceiling. Ryan didn't appreciate the holes in the ceiling as much. I stole the bat idea from my friend Britt, but I didn't use a template I just freehanded them.
Hope this helps and everyone has great fun with them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely exhausted everytime I read your blog--how in the world do you find the time and energy to do all of these creative things with your kids?

Aunt Toni

~ kietra ~ said...

Very cute!! Thanks for the crafty kids ideas-- always on the look out for those. You are SO crafty!! So imrpessed as always!

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

So cute! Spread the Halloween fun! And it's so fun to do it with your kids, huh? I've been waiting for Scotty to be old enough to do stuff like this with me.

Jenni Renee said...

What is Ali going to be this year? Great ideas! I will have to do this with my boys. We're going to a pumpkin patch this weekend. Hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

Very cute decorations. I love Ali holding Oscar...I think the monkey suit must have been giving her a hard time!