We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

10.20.2009

Charlie Bites the dust - or maybe just his upper lip

*****DISCLAIMER*****

YOU MAY NOT ENJOY THESE PICTURES IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH!!!

It started with this:
His scooter, with a ripped hand grip and turned into this...............

Charlie took a tumble today on his scooter, but don't worry; his lip broke his fall when it collided with the end of the handle bars.
My neighbor came over to my house to watch the other kids and then Ryan's mom came to fill in. Thank you guys for the help, it is much appreciated.

This is Charlie in the car on the way to the ER.

Charlie is the kind of crazy kid who likes to look at his injuries. I gave him my mirror from my pocketbook. This was him for about 10 minutes.
We had to wrap up him up like this so he wouldn't move his arms. He did NOT like it, imagine that!
This is his after shot. He had 7 stitches!!!!! Poor kid had just had it at this point.
He had to relax a little bit with some toast.
Poor Charlie!
We set up camp in the TV room where he had cookies and watch McQueen, what more do you need?
Charlie is by far the toughest kid ever!!!!!
P.S. When the stitches were done I gave him the mirror to look at his face and this was his response: "he did a really bad job, it looks bad Mom, why does it look so bad?"

Love you Charlie!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

ouch! sorry charlie that's no fun! I guess he gets to be frankenstein for halloween this year though!

Beth said...

My boys are green with envy! That is the coolest looking stitches EVER!!!! Sorry about the accident though, never fun to be in the ER.

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh, poor little guy. Hope he feels better soon. And I love that while he is watching Cars, he has at least 2 cars blankets. Too cute.

Debbie Murdock said...

OH Charlie!! Sorry little guy...at least your owie lip still let you eat cookies. That's the important part.

Abby said...

Wow! That is a serious wound. I hope he heals quickly and I'm sure it will look better once the swelling has gone down.
By the way Tiffany, I'm glad I didn't ignore the sickness and go visiting teaching with you. I took Ben to the dr yesterday and he was diagnosed with H1N1 flu. Stay clear!

Van Horn Family said...

Poor kid. How is he doing now?

Heather said...

oh that looks painful! poor kid. now i am terrified for rowan to grow up and want a scooter! how about sewing lessons instead!? :0) ha ha- right. hope he heals up OK!

Anonymous said...

He is so right...it looked way better without the stitches! What a tough little guy. Are they the kind that will disslove or do you have to take him back in to get them taken out?

Laura said...

Poor baby! I'm so glad his teeth are okay! What a tough kid.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Ouch!! Ouch!!! Ouch!!!! Poor kid! It looks worse AFTER the ER. Did I mention OUCH!!!!!????

George and Caralee said...

I am just sick! Charlie, you are one tough kid! I hope it is healing and he is doing well. I have been down and out so I haven't been at church. Hope you are ok buddy!

valerie said...

Holy crap that's a big lip!
How many posts is this this year with an injury at the Head house? Hum? Maybe you should be less crazy over there!
poor kid.