Today was the big day! We got the stitches out!!!!!!! My poor friend Stefanie agreed to do it for us at our house. That's an hour she'll never have back. Thanks Stef for your help. Charlie is usually my most calm, relaxed, tough kid. Not today!!!!!!!!!!
We have been preping him for days, getting him ready for the big day and building his confidence so he would do really great. We started with bribery of toys and candy, the usual. I even put some kid music on my ipod for him to listen to. Everything went out the window and ended with Charlie wrapped up again like a burrito and me and Stefanie sitting on him and holding him down. It was so sad. He is a lot stronger than I thought. Here is Charlie right after we finished. (does anyone else thinks it looks like a mug shot?) And yes his hair is wet, he was sweating so bad!!!!!!
The poor kid. This was him the day before.
I broke into the Halloween candy and we told him he could have one piece of candy for every stitch that we took out. This was his loot.
And this is him when I told him to smile. He didn't even have enough energy for a real smile.
Ali of course had to have some too. We actually had to make her leave the room. She was crying because she wanted us to make him stop crying. It was a such a fun night! (not)
I am so glad that is over with. Hopefully it will finish healing nicely.







6 comments:
I'm assuming this Stefanie has taken stitches out before? Or was she just a brave friend? Glad to see Charlies plan of getting you to open the Halloween candy worked.
Poor guy! I learned with Nick that he actually did better when we didn't wrap him up, for him it made it so he wasn't as scared. Though I am sure the forehead isn't near as sensitive as the lip... also did you know that if the ER puts the stitches in they will remove them for free. :) We did that because only Grandpa had every removed stitches for anyone in the family and I didn't want him to be associated with that kind of pain. If you know what I mean! I hope Charlie finishes healing quickly!
Charlie, we hope you feel better soon. Your lip looks great. Besides, chicks dig scars...right? Love you!
Poor Kiddo! Glad he was able to survive the stitches being removed - hopefully he feels better soon (and the sugar rush helped calm him down) hehehe
Oh, poor little kid. But man, you buy good candy. We're coming trick-or-treating to your house. Oh wait. a little too far. Dang it!
ouchie ouchie ouch
Post a Comment