We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

10.01.2009

on the road to VICTORY!!!!!!

Yesterday when Ryan woke up and saw that it was 40 some degrees he was feeling a little discouraged about his workouts. He has done so awesome so far for his weight loss. He counts his calories and runs. But with the temperature being so low running looked very bleak and didn't get him excited about exercising. He asked if we could get a gym membership. "we don't have the money for it" was my response. He had such a look of disappointment.

That's when it hit Ryan. "We should see if a gym would sponsor me until I win this prize."
Not such a bad idea. So I emailed Joel at Planet Fitness which is exactly 1.46 miles. I told him what was going on and asked if that is something they would be willing to do. We didn't get a response all day, it was driving Ryan crazy. He decided to just go into the gym and look around. He ran into Joel and introduced himself.

Ryan walked out of Planet fitness with a ONE YEAR free membership for not only himself but for me as well. WAHOOO!!!!! We are so excited. And their hours are 5 am to 11 pm which means we can take turns going without having the get a babysitter. Ryan is considered a "spokesman" for Planet Fitness. They asked him to wear their t-shirt to the weigh-in when he wins.

Now Ryan has great motivation to win!!!! Good Luck Ryan and work your little tail off, I KNOW you can win this thing!!!!!! I love you!



We LOVE Planet Fitness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right now Planet Fitness have a great deal going on where you only pay $1 down and $10/month. The only catch is that you have to pay a $29 fee every year. that is still a REALLY great deal. It averages out to be less than $15/month. Most gyms are never less than $20 per month. There is no contract to sign either. But if you want in on this then you better do it fast, it expires on October 7. After that it is $19 to start with all the other prices being the same.

www.planetfitness.com

This is a picture of Ryan from June when he ran in the Mainstreet Mile.

9 comments:

Undaunted said...

Good luck Ryan!

AJ said...

Good luck, Ryan! Cool on the gym membership, too!

Tom was having trouble staying motivated until he talked to his aunt who said, "The best thing I ever did was start running marathons at the age of 50." So now he is entered to run the Barber to Boise 5k on Oct 17.

Jen Gillespie said...

Awesome! Way to go. What he is weighing in for and trying to win. Sorry if I missed the post on it. Keep up the great work!

Laura said...

You guys are so brilliant to think of contacting a gym. Of course all your friends and fam are going to love Planet fitness now. Good Luck Ryan were all rooting for you.

Debbie Murdock said...

I must've missed a post...what prize?
And you guys just proved the "it never hurts to ask" phrase.

Mike said...

I tried to get a sponsorship from Dunkin Donuts, but they didn't share my vision.

Wendy said...

I can't believe you got a free year membership. Thats awesome!

And about the last post. Ali is awesome. I love it.

Abby said...

That is fantastic! Good luck Ryan.

Heather said...

that is awesome! makes me want to see if a gym will sponsor me.......just for being cool i guess, because i am not in a contest. ryan is looking great!