We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

9.23.2008

a CRAZY kid-filled day

Our day started at 7:00 when I got a phone call from a friend in the ward asking if I could watch their child so they could go to the hospital and have a baby. (Early congrats to Erika & Richard...I still haven't heard if he was born yet). Sure, what's one more kid??? I have reached a new record with a ratio of 1:7. So far, so good.
While I was feeding the crew Oscar was flashing me all sorts of funny faces. He just learned how to pucker for a kiss and do a fish face....I love it!
This one is my favorite. I only caught the tale end of the fish face, but it is still adorable. I love how big his eyes get.
Ali was in charge of Oscar for a few minutes. She ran to me and said, "mom, Oscar moves too much so come see what I did." Smart girl.
This is now what I get to clean up about 18 times a day.
But who wouldn't love that smile!


What a crazy day already and it is only 4:00. The kid overload usually dies off around 5:30 though....light at the end of a tunnel.

8 comments:

MKB said...

I'm only going to tell you this one more time...better you than me. I would have gone crazy! I love kids but that many at once holy smokes!

PS who are the flowers from and what are they for...they're gorgeous.

~ kietra ~ said...

legano... illegano... ha ha... actually I think its legal as long as 5 of them are not yours. so you technically could add another one.. even two while ali is at school. GO YOU.

Tracy Nield said...

I can't believe all the fun things that Oscar is doing. He's making Hannah look like she's S-L-O-W.
I guess it doesn't help that I sit her in the corner all day and don't talk to her. Just kidding. My children have all been a bit behind on their crawling, but pretty quick on their talking.
Hannah is 2 months older than Oscar and they look like they are at about the same stage. Guess I better get to work. Oh yeah, Hannah can wave bye bye...Can Oscar to that! =)

valerie said...

who are you and where did you come from?
what an amazing person you are to be able to babysit so many children! I can barely take care of my own kids without going crazy!
oscar is so adorable...those faces are precious!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing woman! How on Earth do you handle that many kids?

The Stones said...

i love the rainy day pics... so cute! and yes, you are my hero... crazy kid-filled days don't happen too often for me, but when they do... i'm EXAUSTED. i can't even imagine being preggers too.

Heather said...

oh bless you good woman. I get tired with one! My immunity better build.....otherwise we will only be having one :0)

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh my word. Looks like you have your hands full...not to mention your belly. How have you been feeling? Hey, check out my blog. I'm tagging you!