We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

1.23.2010

The Love of her Life


Here he is, the boy Ali wants to marry. This is Ethan Bernards and yes she has practiced saying Ali Bernards and likes the sound of it. I have to remind her to cool it every once in a while, she tends to go overboard.

This picture was taken back in November. Ethan's dad is our home teacher and often comes with him. Ali knew he was coming over after church and wanted to show him her lovely white dress. She begged me to do her hair right before he came. The whole time during the visit she would lean over to me and say, "I love Ethan so much." She said it loud enough for him to hear. He is much shyer than she is and would respond with looking at the ground.

Before she proclaimed her love for him she would come home from school and tell me how much she loved him and that they were getting married. When I asked her if he knew this she would respond with, "No way, I'm not telling him." Good job honey, keep the boy in the dark as long as possible and then spring a wedding dress on him.

We have had to have serious talks about this. It was a little much. I had to tell her about this:

For those of you that don't know, Ryan and I went to Prom together. We had the best time, it was great. The only problem was that was completely infatuated with him. He, on the other hand, was frightened by my obsession. Ok, I wouldn't call it an obsession. I just wasn't afraid to say anything. Long story short, I scared him off.

Now I'm not saying that Ali and Ethan will or won't get married some day, but it is best that she doesn't freak him out from the get-go. You have to let your crazies out slowly so you don't scare people off. And if it does work out in 15 years or so wouldn't it be great for the engagement picture?

Ali's possible future in-laws have a blog and they wrote it about it too. You can view it here.


(just wanted to add my scrape book page of our prom picture. who would have thought)

6 comments:

AJ said...

Kids are so fun sometimes.lol

Wendy said...

Ali is so funny. Does it scare you that even at age 7 you're having to give her boy advice?? I'm glad we have the picture for posterity in case they really do get married. And...I guess you can be our in-laws.

Undaunted said...

That is so sweet. Girls are funny little things. Hannah hasn't really done that yet, but when it hits I am afraid that she beat them at all the sports and they won't date her. :P Ah well. To Cute.

Laura said...

I think Caleigh is still afraid of boys, or thinks their yucky. Good luck with that girl.

Debbie Murdock said...

That's too funny! We can't match anyone up with our girls because I'm afraid their going to be 6 foot 4...gonna have to wait until the height thing take their course.

Lindsey said...

That is sooo funny. I was totally the girl that scared boys off in high school. All of my relationships started when I wasn't looking:) At least she is making good choices!