So it is just after midnight and I just finished a project. Not a big project by any means or even a hard one, but hey when I can actually have time to do something adult related it is an achievement.
I showed you earlier that my mother-in-law made my boys new bedspreads. Well, we needed some pillowcases to go with them. I know this seems lame and "wow, a pillowcase, it's a rectangle." I am in no way a sewer. I am a mender and a hemmer. Is hemmer a word? Anyway, I have made a few things here or there like a skirt or two, but with a lot of help. This is my first sewing project with no pattern and no help. Well, some help. Ryan helped me a lot with figuring out the best way to do it to make it look good.
I am really happy the way it turned out. But now I am going to bed--->
What a trusty side-kick. Thanks for your help sweetie!
I just wanted to add a few pictures of what was going on before bed. The kids were acting a little crazy (normal) and I snapped a few.
Oscar was actually trying to get his pjs on all by himself and managed to get his shirt around his legs. what a goof!







They are getting better everyday at sharing a room and now bunk beds.


She closes her eyes every time she smiles.
I need to keep reminding myself how great my kids really are. I seemed have been really stressed lately and I always seem to let it out on the kids. Ryan kept reminding me to enjoy this time with them and how fast it will go by and I will be begging for these days again. What I really need to do is not worry about how clean the house is or if I have checked my email recently. I need to just play with them and have fun.







6 comments:
Hey those turned out really great. I am glad you did them. The boys will apprecite them. Yes mom hang in there they do grow up too fast but I know what you mean. Unfortuantely I chose the house being clean to playing.
Great job on the pilow cases! Your kids are great and wonderful! Stress is part of being a mom! Hang in there! You are doing great!
Love the pillow cases. We were chanelling midnight projects. LOL I made a baby blanket. It is alway hard to find your balance when it comes to having so many little ones that close together.
I struggled with those same concerns when mine where small. With three in diapers at the same time it can be so frustrating trying to keep your sanity. Just take it a day at a time and finding the moments of joy in that day helps.
Have the love of a good man make a world of difference. Rely on his stength and ask for those priesthood blessings. You are the Lords errands and even if you miss somethings here and there, your example and love will shine through.
Your a great mom, a wonderful example and I have been blessed for knowing you. Love you bunches. Hang in there momma. :)
Great job, they look great! I too love making pillow cases, because they are easy, but you feel like a million bucks when you've made them all yourself.
You are still in the "trenches" of motherhood, wait a few years and you'll be stress free with Charlie in school full time and Ali.
Nice job on the pillow case! I love that picture of Livy, she is getting sooo big.
Nice Job! I, like you, am not a sewer either! So congrats on sewing your very own pillow project!
Post a Comment