We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

5.20.2011

the birthday boy! and some other randomness

Last week was Ryan's birthday (May 15th). We kinda missed it because the big kids were out of town and Ryan was sick. He was throwing up all day on Saturday, but was mostly better by his birthday on Sunday. We stayed home and relaxed to get him to feeling well enough to go to work the next day.

I just wanted to take a minute to talk about how amazing this man is.
this is when he was playing Trios with the kids. He is such a wonderful father. He loves to get down and play with the kids and they love it too. Oscar is his little shadow and enjoyed every minute of dad getting to stay home with us for a week. He was not too happy when dad had to go back to work.
They have so much fun together.

We knew that the big kids were not going to be here on his actual birthday so we celebrated it a couple of days early. When Ryan got home this is what he found behind the door.
And following this sign was tons and tons of pictures in chronological order. 156 to be exact. The first picture was Ryan & I together when we first started dating. The pictures all tell a different story and show daddy how much he means to us.
It wrapped around the living room and into the hallway.....
continuing back into the living room and heading into the kitchen.....


once around the kitchen....
then back into the living room....
up and over the tv and window ending with a picture of our complete family in the hospital when Maggie was born.
What an amazing journey life with Ryan has been so far. I can't wait to experience everything else that comes our way.

I was so blessed when Ryan became a part of my life. He has given me so much that I never thought was possible. Namely these 3 munchkins....
Ryan, I adore you!!!!!!
You are such a great father and a perfect husband. Thank you for always taking care of us and for being the amazing example that you are for our children. Happy (late) birthday sweetheart. I love you!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Maggie's umbilical cord falling off = FIRST BATH!!!!
She was not incredibly excited about it though.
She calmed down once mommy got a hold of her
poor little girl was acting so tramatized
I got this picture of Oscar and Maggie asleep in our bed. I thought it was funny because it looks like Ryan & I shrunk. this is typically how our bed looks in the morning. The children change from time to time.
Last, but not least....... I got this from my AMAZING sister-in-law. She made it for Miss Mags. We love it. Thank you Laura, it is beautiful!!!! She also made me a diapee wipee holder thingy. I don't know the technical term. I didn't take a picture of it because it is already in use. I love it!!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Okay, tears in my eyes...why do I have to be so far away from you all. I'm glad my gifts are being put to use. And I love your cute family.

Ryan has always been a great guy and deserves all the happiness life with you and the kids have given him.

Happy late Birthday Ry!

Undaunted said...

What a great way to show your time together. I am always so glad of heart when I see how happy and wonderful your life is now. I am glad you are doing so well. Happy Birthday to Ryan. :)

AJ said...

I love the photos for Ryan's birthday. That's a great idea.