You may not all want to know the details of my daughters birth, but I want to have them written down here because I update this better than my journal. Saturday, April 30 was exactly 1 week from my due date. My doctor will only induce at that point. I figured since it landed on a Saturday it wouldn't happen until Monday. well, at my last dr appointment he told me he was on call that day and we could induce. HOORAY!!!!! We went in at 7 a.m. to get started. The kids had spent the night with grandma & papa Head (thanks guys).
We got started with the IV and blood work. I am also group strep b positive and needed a couple doses of penicillin before our baby was born. When I got there I was already having contractions. Earlier in the week I was already at a 3 and when they checked me then I was a 4. I was already in labor when I got there. I knew I wanted an epidural so why mess around, they called him in at 8:00 and we got that started right away. The doctor came in at 8:30 and broke my water. From that point on it was a waiting game. We had to wait another 4 hours until my next dose of penicillin. Things were going great. Ryan and I just relaxed and got to enjoy time with each other. I even slipped in a nap. I could feel the pressure of the contractions but no real pain.
At 11:30 my mom and my sister-in-law Erin, who really wanted to be there, came. We all just sat around and chatted for a while waiting. I got the last dose of medicine done around noon. At 1:00 they checked me and I was an 8. At 1:30 I started to have real pain, but not even as bad as it could have been. They checked me again and said I was a 9 1/2, but I needed to wait because my doctor was delivering another baby down the hall. WHAT???? That was the hardest part. I was in pain from about 1:30 until she was born. The doctor came in at 1:45, got everything ready, I pushed about 3 times and at 1:51 p.m. we had our beautiful little baby Maggie.
In the middle of one of my pushes my doctor's pager went off. He stood up and asked if I could hang on cause he had to get that. I screamed at him to which he promptly sat down and said he was just kidding. Yeah, real funny!
She weighed 7 lb. 5 oz. and was 20 1/2 in. long. We named her Magdalene Lucia Head. (Pronounced Mag-da-lin). We really like the name Maggie but wanted a longer version for her official name. I don't really care for the name Margaret, so we decided on this. With Easter just ending Ryan and I really started to love the name Magdalene because of Mary Magdalene and her association with Jesus. I don't ever plan on calling her Magdalene (unless she is in BIG trouble) so she is our little Maggie. We already have about a hundred nick names for her already. We call her Mags, Mag-pie, Maggie Lu, Magoo, Magoodle and lots more that I can't even remember. We are so lucky to have our little Mags, she brings such peace to our crazy little house.
I decided to spare you all of the first pictures of Maggie when she is fresh and yucky. So here is our first family picture with her.
It was by far my easiest labor and delivery out of all of my children. I have had problems with my epidural not working in the past, but this one was great. Bringing a child into this world is such an amazing and Heavenly experience, I am so grateful for it.
grandma & papa Lines
uncle Toby and aunt Sandra got to come for a visit too!
And now, bring on the rest of the crew.....
Charlie, I think, is the most excited out of all the kids for his sister to come.
Oscar loves Maggie
Livy wanted a hundred turns to hold her little sister.
Ali was my patient one, just waiting for her turn. She is such an amazing helper already. I am so lucky.
And if this gives you any indication of what I am up against........well, lets just not talk about it, it scares me.
We might be done having kids, we can't fit on the hospital bed together anymore.
I can't believe I was here with this little girl over 8 years ago
Charlie didn't want to leave Maggie's side. Here is grandma Head with her newest grandchild
Lindsey & Gil came for a late night visit and brought us treats, yum!
my friend, Kate had her baby 8 days before me. here we are with our little babies.
miss maggie was taking a nap in my bed

she looks so tiny in that big bed
and I was brought a wheelchair that was built for a family, it was huge!
little Charlie is absolutely in love with his new little sister. He could hold her for hours and just look at her and talk to her, it is adorable.
She wants to hold her the second she walks in the door from school.
I let Charlie stay up by himself for an extra few minutes to help out with a feeding, he was so happy.
This is my favorite picture of papa with Maggie.
And there you have it, all FIVE of my children. I can't believe I have 5 kids!!!!!
I love the cheesy smile, Liv!

WE LOVE MAGGIE!!!!!!!







13 comments:
Congratulations a thousand times over!
So glad everything went smoothly for you. Sorry we didn't get together when I was in town. It was a crazy, busy week for us too. We'll be back in August, but for a family reunion. I'll let you know. Congrats, she is adorable! I have a little gift for you, it's in the mail.
Love,
Britt
She is so pretty! It sounds like every thing went well. I hope you can get some rest and have lots of help. Congratulations!
Elliot was looking at the pictures of Maggie with me and caught the one of gpa holding her and said... Grandpa can't hold maggie. Apparently jealousy travels across the country. Sorry. I keep wanting to call but it's always around bed time for you and I can't imagine what bedtime is like around your house. I think of it earlier soon.
Great pictures of your little family! I love the hospital hat with the bow on it! I've never seen those before. Congrats!
Congrats Tiff! She is adorable! And such a cute name too. I can NOT believe you have 5 kids under 9. You are one brave, strong, amazing woman! Now take a brake and rest, will ya? Just kidding. With how cute yours are, how could you stop?
Congratulations! :) So glad everything went smoothly; enjoy snuggling your newest little princess! :)
Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm glad everything went well. We are actually expecting our 4th in January!
Congrats!
I'm so happy for you and your gorgeous family!! I'm so glad things went smoothly and everyone is happy and healthy! VERY happy post! (I love the wheelchair - cracked me up!)
Congratulations to all 7 of you! What a beautiful family! This sure makes me baby-hungry all over again! Oh, and I love the hospital beanie with the bow! So cute!
Tiff,
I just love these pictures and your thoughts within this post. Perhaps because I can or soon will be able to relate! Especially the comment of you and Ali being in the hospital bed and not believing it has already been 8 years! Congratulations to both you and Ryan on your beautiful family of 7! :)
Oh my lanta~ you have 5 kids!!! So happy that everything went so well, and gotta love Lowders humor :)
I love love love the pic in the hospital bed, I was dying laughing....
you sure r a cute family
Post a Comment