We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

5.27.2011

Responsibility

Charlie came home from school yesterday extra excited. He had been chosen for the character trait for the month at his school. At Shadow Hills they focus on a character trait each month and then at the end of the month each teacher picks 2 students that exhibit that trait. Charlie was chosen for his responsibility. The best part came right after he told me this and I asked him where his jacket was. He responded with, "I didn't take a jacket today." After I reminded him that he did he smiled and said that he must have left it at school.....again! Way to be responsible bud!

Then he handed me the paper that announced his winnings and invited his family to a breakfast the next day to honor them and present them with an award. Wow, I thought, such late notice until I realized that the letter was dated Monday and it's been chillin in his cubby and backpack all week until he decided to show it to me. He is so responsible!!!! I love it.

Charlie with his teacher, Mrs. Brunelle
Ok, in all seriousness Charlie is a really awesome kid! This is what his teacher said in the letter about him. "Charlie takes on challenges and follows through with them. I can depend on him to help others and work with a partner or as a team. He completes his work and follows procedures. Most important, he always takes responsibility for his choices. What a wonderful young man! I am so pleased to be able to present him with this special award. Congratulations!"

Way to go Charlie, you are amazing!!!!!

1 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

That's really funny and very cool that the school does that.