We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.25.2009

Lagoon pictures!!!!

We are back. Sorry it has taken me so long. It feels like it takes about 2 or 3 days to get back in the swing of things. And Ali got her cast off-I'll post pictures later. 

Our trip to Lagoon and Twin Falls was awesome. We all had so much fun. We left little Livy in Twin Falls with her grandma. We figured she wouldn't have very much fun in Lagoon. We left Twin Falls at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday morning. Things didn't look so great on our way to Utah. It began to rain about an hour out but we were very hopeful that things would clear up. This is what it looked like when we got there at 11 a.m.

And this is how we ended it at 8:00 p.m. --- it turned out to be a beautiful day with warm weather. The only downfall was the puddles everywhere the first hour we were there and the fact that the rides were all wet. So if you were one of the first 10 riders you got to participate in drying off the rides with your bum. The kids' bums were very wet.
We started Oscar right off with puff. He did NOT love it.
This is one of Charlie's favorite ride called Scalliwags. He rode it about a dozen times. Every time the ride would finish he would jump out and run back in line. The girl at the ride said he could just stay on if he wanted to because there were hardly ever any kids on the ride. I told her no, that's half of the fun; running back in line a hundred times.
It was NOT Oscar's favorite ride.
This is one of Ali's favorite called the Lady Bug Bop. It is just like the rocket only a kid version.
She would get everyone to go on it with her. This was my mom's first time riding it, she was a little scared. But after the first ride she turned into Charlie running back to the ride over and over again. AND I eventually got my mom to go on the big kid version called the Rocket. She loved/hated it and me afterwards. Thanks for being a good sport mom.
This was Oscar and I watching them. Oscar did surprisingly well at the park. We just couldn't take our eyes off of him for even a second or he would take off.

They finally got Charlie to ride it. He said it was fun but when we asked him if he wanted to go again he said, "no thanks" in a scared little voice.
This is us on the ferris wheel.

We all took the tram a couple of times. Oscar really liked. He scared me because he kept wanting to stand up.  
Once Oscar found this ride he never went back. I think he went on it about 8 times or so. He loved it!!!!!!
This was a newer ride that is just like the Scalliwags ride that Charlie loved but for big kids. The only difference is you get wet. There are things shooting you with water and you are suppose to move your thing up and down to avoid getting wet. It was fun.
This is how wet we were when we got off. I swear I was wetter than it looks in the picture.
Oscar loved the bumper cars but he had to go with one of his siblings. I love how his arm is around Charlie and he just enjoying the ride.
This year let me know how big Ali is really getting when she continued to want to go on more and more big kid rides. This is Ryan and Ali on the swings. She begged and begged us to keep going but we were all getting sick from it. She loved it!
One of Oscar's favorites was the merry-go-round. This particular picture was my mom's 4th ride with him in row. He just kept wanting to go more and more.

You gotta ride the train. Although we took it a little later in the day and while the line was definetly shorter the animals had all gone to bed.
Now this quickly became a favorite for both of them.
What a cutie!
This is pretty much how we all felt, but Oscar was the only one who could lay down.
We had such an amazing time. I went to Lagoon every year as a child and I can't thank my mom enough for that. I want to make it a tradition for my family as well. Thanks mom for coming, helping with the kids, letting Ryan and I go on Wicked as much as we wanted, standing in line with the kids, going on the merry-go-round over and over again and being a part of this continuing tradition. It was great!!!!!

We spent the rest of the weekend in Twin Falls with Grandma and Papa Johnson. The kids love visiting there. The weather wasn't that great so we all just enjoyed time together indoors. Ryan and got to go visit the Halls - they moved to Twin about 7 months ago. It was great to see them and their cute new house. When the weather finally cleared up enough we went to the Falls. The falls level was VERY high. I love going there, it is so beautiful.

We had fun, but we are happy to be home.

6 comments:

Nicole Hall said...

It's a first!! We are on someone's blog!! How exciting!! We loved visiting with you. Although my kids let me know I talked too much. Sorry! I'm still too talkative! This is a shout out to the rest of our Riverglen ward friends. Come visit us! Nicole

Undaunted said...

What a wonderful time! You all look great!

casa chandler said...

That looks like so much fun! I would love to be able to take my kids to Lagoon but I'm afraid they would just chicken out and be too crazy to try any of the rides...that's usually how they work. maybe in a few more years.

Debbie Murdock said...

So glad you guys had a lot of fun! The weather has been so sporadic in Utah. It finally hit the 90's in the last couple of days.

Jen Gillespie said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I also went to Lagoon every year, but I think we'll wait a few years to start our tradition. Where did you guys get your tickets?

valerie said...

Oh looking at all those Lagoon pics makes me tired! hahaha
I can't take that place every year, but then again, I am the BIGGEST wimp when it comes to rides (surprised?) so its not always as fun as it "should" be for me!
With kids you always get to be in the same area the whole day anyway....brought back memories from last year.
You look awesome Tiff! MOther of 4 kids....what?!!!! :)