We are a HAPPY family!!!!

We are a HAPPY family!!!!

6.10.2009

last day, fun friday, recycle, a race, meet Fergus and our garden

SCHOOLS OUT!!!!!! Ali had an awesome year in kindergarten. The morning of her last day she started crying because she said she was going to miss her teacher. She asked if we could go visit her. And by visit she means find her house and go there this summer. What a sweet girl. She has learned so much. Her reading is off the charts.....ok now I'm just being a braggy mom, but I am so proud of her. We are reading Junie B. Jones books together. She is actually reading them by herself with a minimal help. This is Ali and her teacher, Mrs. Lawrence.
We decided that once school got out we would do a "fun friday" activity every friday (obviously). This was our first one. The kids weren't too sure at first.
But they got into it real fast.

It started to rain so we had to move our project inside.
Charlie let me play with his for a while, what a great kid!!!!!

You know your husband is an ULTIMATE recycler when you open his lunch bag and find this!!!!! He brings home his recyclables! What an awesome guy!

Last Saturday Ali participated in her first Capitol Classic. The reason I say first is because I ran in it for all 8 years and I am hoping that they will want to also. It was a little rainy.....ok, a LOT rainy, but the kids were good sports.

This is Ali with her friend, Megan.
They got to meet lots of mascots to pass the time.



Just a waitin' in the rain!!!!

I had a little "Mommy Moment" at the end of the race. Ryan started at the top with her and me and the boys waited for them at the bottom. As soon as I saw her running and screamed, "go Ali" I just lost it. I don't know what came over me. I was just so proud of her. She is so amazing!
My little runners.
Something new to shine and clean everyday.

Oscar was having lots of fun.

FYI - I have the MOST AMAZING husband EVER!!!!! He took such good care of Ali, encouraged her, ran with her, walked with her when she had a side ache. And when she started crying cause she didn't want to finish he kept her going. They make such a great team!!!
Meet Fergus!!! I went to go clean out our swamp in the front yard. AKA our pond. And while I was scooping out the goop I heard a funny flopping sound and found this. He is not quit a frog yet but well on his way. I was going to put bleach in the pond to help clean it out but as I looked closer in the pond I found dozens and dozens of these little guys at different stages. I couldn't bring myself to kill them. Does anybody want a frog?
This is our beautiful garden. Ryan has done such an awesome job with it. The kids like to take turns watering it. Especially Oscar, he loves the hose.
Our first little tomatoes - I have a habit of breaking off the first roma tomato of the season. right now I'm 2 for 2. I'm going to quit touching the plants before I ruin them all.
These are strawberries and raspberries, well, one raspberry plant.
Our strawberries are doing quite well this year. It is their 2nd year. Does anyone know how to get them bigger??? Do we just have to wait over time?
This is our lettuce. It's kinda fun to get get part of your sandwich from your backyard.
That's what we've been doing, thanks for visiting!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

You're so cute Tiff and an amazing Mom. I'm impressed that Ali still ran with broken arm and all. It gets tiring lugging a cast around. What a champ!!

valerie said...

Holy cow, you have been a busy little fam!
Where was poor Olivia in all this action?! Not one pic of her I might add. I'm just saying.
You are an incredible mom tiff, can I have some of that energy you seem to have pouring out of you? :)

Lindsey said...

Hey would you send me the pictures from the race, they turned out really cute. I have one of Ali crossing the finish line I'll send you. Oh and your strawberries will get bigger. Ours are in their 3rd season and they are bigger than they have ever been.

Laura said...

Fun pictures! I'm so proud of Ali too, those CC are killers. Just kidding, I mostly remember the free ice cream at the end. Do they still do that?

Jen Gillespie said...

wow, lots to update on. So glad you are having a fun summer so far. The crying thing at the race...blame it on new mom hormones. I use that as long as I can! Nice garden. doing much better than ours is!

Melissa said...

What a great summer you guys are having. My girls missed the Capitol Classic this year and were really bummed. I just couldn't justify the trip up.